Thursday, June 14, 2007

My first blog

After seeing Rob's blog about his family news (welcome Maggie), I thought it might be nice to publicize some of the chaos that is currently the Bressler family.

Last night I was watching Mythbusters and I saw Kari get really close up photos of her eyes taken at an optometrist's office. I was entranced by the incredible patterns of colors and I immediately thought of Ayla's sparkling blues. So I made a few calls today and I'm trying to find a place that will take these photos of my eyes, D's eyes, and Ayla's eyes. Then I'm going to work some photoshop magic and merge them together into what I hope will be a beautiful image that we can print and hang somewhere. We'll see how it comes out...

I've also been figuring out my vacation days in the next month or so. I'll be going to my grandmothers' party to say goodbye to her beautiful house on a lake in Melrose Florida. I bought tickets for that this morning. I'm also going to Sandy Island on Lake Wiinipasaukee in New Hampshire for 4 days in mid-July.

I REALLY need a vacation as I haven't taken one for well over a year. When I switched jobs last year, IBM paid me for the vacation I still had left (which was almost all 4 weeks of it) and then when I joined Alliance, we were immediately in crisis and I was asked not to take any time. So now it is June of 07 and I haven't taken any real time off since March of 06.

I'm REALLY looking forward to a 2 week vacation that D and I have planned for October to Melbourne Australia. D's going there for a work conference and we're making a vacation out of it. Ayla will be spending it with grandparents...

That's it for my first blog. I'm going to attempt to do this regularly, but we'll see how that goes. I think I'll try to do it daily at first, then weekly when that doesn't float :)

No comments: