Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Melbourne day 2

We got up at around 6, that was a necessary 10 hours of sleep, and got ourselves ready for the day. Our room is literally an apartment with a kitchen/living room, separate bedroom, and separate bathroom. The bathtub is wierd in that the glass shower door only covers half of it. The other half is open. The floor is tiled with a drain, so I guess lots of shower leakage is expected.

This morning, D and I went to the World Bar for breakfast, recommended by the receptionist at the hotel. It was phenomenal. I got B and B french toast. No idea where the name came from, but it was two enormous pieces of soft bread (at least an inch think) with hot banana halves and really good bacon on top. It was SOOOO good... D got a bowl of granola and also loved it.

After breakfast, D went to the conference, I won't see her until 5ish, and I got my haircut super-short. Feels a little wierd, but definitely better than the mess it was. I then went to the super market and bought a few essentials (milk, cereal, and snacks). I'm going to head over to Federation Square in a little while. I'll take some pictures, it's quite spectacular architecturally.

More to come...

No comments: